Regarding to its uniqueness, the school uses an approach called “Collaborative Based Learning (CBL)”. CBL focuses on the collaboration among the faculty, students, practitioners, and stakeholders in co-creation education value. The followings are the details of Collaborative Based Learning:
- Collaborative Learning on Lecture
- Collaborative Learning on Research
- Collaborative Learning on Curriculum Development
- Collaborative Learning on Company-based Issues
- Collaborative Learning on Thesis Colloquium
- Collaborative Learning on Softskill Development
- Collaborative Learning on Lecture: The collaborative learning on lecture focuses on how to meet the issues and its concepts in understanding, analyzing and recommending solution for the issues. The learning is conducted through discussion among students in understanding concept, issues, and application facilitate by the lecturer. The issues is scrutinized with contemporary business and management concepts. This process is conducted by presenting the concepts from contemporary textbook and journal. It is done either by the lecturer or student. Later, the pesentation is followed by analyzing the relevant issues raised by professional experience of the lecturer and student or business issues taken from textbook or journal. At last, the learning process is directed to synthesize critical and strategical recommendation for the issues.
- Collaborative Learning on Research: The collaborative learning on research focuses on how to conduct relevant research with interest of the student and lecturer. The research is started with the topic and supervisors proposed by the student. The MM program analizes the topic and confirms it to the proposed supervisors. The supervisors consist of 2 lecturers on related topic. After the acceptance from the supervisors, the research begins to conduct in certain time (normaly 6 months). In order to enhance collaborative process on research, the key findings and its research progress are recorded on a form namely “kartu kemajuan bimbingan” (research progress report) filled by the supervisors or the student and signed by supervisors.
- Collaborative Learning on Curriculum Development: This collaborative learning focuses on how to develop suitable curriculum based on contemporary business contexts and the needs of stakeholders i.e. Business Practitioners, Government, Professional Association, as well as student and lecturer. In doing so, MM Unpad has collaborated with Indonesian Society of Appraisers (Masyarakat Asosiasi Profesi Penilai Indonesia/ MAPPI, http://mappi.or.id), Indonesian Marketing Association (IMA, http://ima.or.id), etc. to create curriculum that pass professional standard education. (Colloquium Events Picture)
- Collaborative Learning on Company-based Issues: This collaborative learning focuses on how to identify, analyze, and recommend alternative solutions by understanding real business problems of the company. This process is conducted in selected companies e.g. PT. Bank BJB (banking industry), PT. Pupuk Kujang (fertilizer industry), PT. LEN (electrical industry), etc. Several methods are done through company visit, guest lecture from companies.
- Collaborative Learning on Thesis Colloquium: This collaborative learning focuses on student research result dissemination in inter-concentrations for all MM students in any semesters. This process is conducted at auditorium with 100 capacity(further information presented at http://mm.fe.unpad.ac.id). The coloquium starts with the presentation by master candidate about their research findings (a mandatory credit in order to get their degree starting from early 2012). This activity aims to increase academic atmosphere for encouraging the research quality. Formerly, the master candidates must submit an article of their research summary written in the form of English journal manuscripts as applying for colloquium. The colloquium is conducted once two week every Saturday.
- Collaborative Learning on Softskill Development: This collaborative learning focuses on how to develop related softskills needed for professional management competencies. Some examples of softskills are communication skill, statistical analysis skill, leadership skill, presentation skill, negotiation skill, time management skill, etc. This is a mandatory of non-credit activity using a point reward system. In order to apply for final thesis defence, students must fulfill a certain point. The points are an accumulation of several certified activities such as training, general lecture, seminar, workshop, conference, etc. which coherence with their professional management competencies development.