The Scholarship for the Developing Countries Partnership Program or Beasiswa KNB (Kemitraan Negara Berkembang) is offered to potential students from developing countries to earn their Master Degree. Directorate General of Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia officially launches the KNB Scholarship in 2006. This program has been attracting a significant number of applicants, as by 2015, 896 students from 64 countries had been awarded this scholarship.
The KNB Scholarship holder can study at the Master of Management Program, Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Padjadjaran. MM FEB Unpad has been accepting the recipient of the KNB Scholarship to study at MM FEB Unpad. They are from East Timor, Madagaskar, Thailand, Cambodia, India, Iran, and Ukraine.
- Maximum age is 35 years old;
- Possess a bachelor degree (master degree holder is not eligible to apply);
- Have a TOEFL (or other certified English Proficiency) score of 500 or equivalent;
- Complete the on-line application form;
- Prior to the departure to Indonesia, successful candidates will have to sign a statement letter provided by the KNB Scholarship management.
- Having maximum age of 35 year-old
- Recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country;
- Recommendation letter from the respective government official;
- Two Academic Recommendation letters;
- Scanned passport (personal data page only);
- Scanned bachelor certificate and academic transcripts (in English);
- Scanned TOEFL score certificate obtained within the last 2 Years;
- Scanned Medical Statement from government hospital.
- Download the Invitation Letter posted in the KNB Scholarship website;
- Submit the Invitation letter, Passport, Academic Certificates and Academic Transcripts to the Indonesian Embassy to acquire the recommendation letter;
- Complete the online application process;
- Select Universitas Padjadjaran (UNOAD) in Bandung as the university you intend to study in;
- Selection process;
- The Selection Results will be broadcasted online in the KNB Scholarship Website and officially announced through the Indonesian Embassy publication network;
Please be advised that all application process is conducted online through KNB Scholarship website. During the application process, please pay close attention to some important information below:
- We strongly suggest you to collect as many information as possible on the universities and your desired study program. Please be advised that once you are admitted, changing either the universities or your study program is strictly prohibited.
- The recommendation letter from Indonesian Embassy is a mandatory. The recommendation letter will be issued based on verification and necessary background and/or security checks conducted by the Indonesian Embassy.
- In case of no Indonesian official representative in your country, you need to obtain the letter from any Indonesian Embassy accredited to your country.
- All the required documents have to be written or officially translated in English.
- The participants from English speaking country are not necessarily excluded from the requirement to attach the written prove of their English proficiency.
- The universities have all rights to conduct the selection methods including online interview with the potential candidates.
The KNB Scholarship covers:
- A Settlement Allowance of IDR 1,000,000 will be given to new students upon arrival in Indonesia
- While taking the Indonesian language course and preparatory programs, new students will receive Living Allowance of IDR 2,350,000 per month
- During the Master Program, KNB students will receive a scheme of monthly allowance as detailed below:
- Living Allowance IDR 2,350,000
- Research Allowance IDR 400,000
- Books Allowance IDR 350,000
- Health insurance with a maximum of IDR 200,000 monthly premium (In case of the cost of medical services exceeded to those covered by the health insurance, the difference should be borne by the student);
- A round-trip international airfare (economy class) from the international airport of the student’s home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university;
- The scholarship will be provided for a maximum of 36 months (In case of early program completion, the scholarship will be stopped soon after the student set off for their home country);
- Please be advised that the scholarship scheme will only be sufficient to cover one person for living properly in most cities where the universities are located.
* Note: Other expenses beside above mentioned items will be considered as personal expenses and will be borne by the students.
- Language instruction in lectures is recommended in Bahasa Indonesia;
- Thesis should be written in Bahasa Indonesia unless the university suggested otherwise;
- Research should be carried out in Indonesia.
The Online application process must be completed no later than 30 April 2017
Selection process will be conducted on the 1st week of May 2017
Selection Result will be announced on the 1st week of June 2017
The students are expected to arrive in Jakarta on 30 August 2017
Orientation will be organized in 31 August 2017
Directorate General of Science, Technology, and Higher Education Affairs
Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education
Republic of Indonesia
D Building, 6th Floor
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman, Senayan, Jakarta 10270
Phone: +6221 57946063
Fax: +6221 57946062
KNB Scholarship Guidelines: KNB_applicationguidance_2017_new