Global competition is a phenomenon that gripped all developing countries. The movement of people, goods and services between countries has resultedthese developing countries of becoming globally competitive. This global competitions will directly give impact to a country’s social, economic, political and law aspects.Various international economic literatures and related researches state that international trade will provide competitive advantages for a country, yet at the same time is also exposed to a competitive situations among countries.
This situation opens opportunities for all parties, especially academicians to explore the preparations and the level of competitiveness of developing countries in fulfilling global competitions.Therefore, Universitas Sebelas Maret through its four Center Studies of Center for Islamic Economic Studies, Center for Local and Institutional Policy Studies, Magister of Economic and Development Studies and Department of Economic Development will hold an international seminar in September 8th, 2015. This international seminar is aimed to produce new insights of developing countries readiness towards global competition.
The objective of the conference are:
- Gathering researchers and practitioners from various countries to share knowledges and experiences about developing countries in regard to global competition.
- Exploring the problems and the latest findings in the field of developing countries in regard toglobal competition.
- Dissemination of research results andpublish selected papers in the form of proceedings.
- Publication of selected papers in several international journals of social and economics disciplines.
- Andrinof Chaniago – Chief Bappenas
- Prof. Dr. Abdul Ghafar Ismail – Manager Islamic Economics and Finance Research Division IRTI
- June 25th, 2015: Abstract Submission Deadline
- June 30th, 2015: Notification of Acceptence
- August 20th, 2015: Full Paper Deadline
- September 1st, 2015: Camera Ready and Presentation File Deadline
- September 8th, 2015: Conference Date
- Website: www.icosec.org
- Phone: +62 85 644 311 (Arifuddin) & +62 81 392 520 000 (M. Juan)